Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
DALLAS CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU
April 5, 2016 | 4-6 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER AND WELCOME
President Frank Librio called the meeting to order at 4:11 p.m.
Board Members Present:
Frank Librio, Hugh Aynesworth, Ed Bark, Cary Broussard, Scott Goldstein, Stephanie Lucero, John “Doc” Strange, Niki McCuistion, Deborah Fleck, Cynthia Garcia, Denita Lacking-Quinn, Michael Grant
ITEMS FOR APPROVAL:
Approval of Minutes: March 1, 2016
- Motion: A motion to approve the minutes of March 1, 2016 was made by Denita Lacking-Quinn and seconded by Niki McCuistion. ( Frank Librio noted that correct spelling of Sam Lopez’s name to be made in the minutes). Motion carried.
Approval of Financials:
- Motion: A motion to approve the financial report was made by John “Doc” Strange and seconded by Niki McCuistion. Motion carried.
Governance Committee Report:
- No issues to report
Other Committee Reports:
Membership Committee :Deborah Fleck, Chair
- 152 current members reported. Membership drive continues.
- Cynthia Garcia has reached out to the Hispanic Communicators Association to brain storm on collaborative, win-win efforts with our club.
Marketing Committee, Chair Michael Grant
- Provided marketing/public relations committee report.
- Monthly newsletter continues to make a positive impact with great feedback re: member spotlight.
- Frank Librio updated BOD on website discussions with our website server provider, GoDaddy, and commented on their great personal service and domains secured: com and pressclubofdallas.org through December 2019.
- PCD Board member Ed Bark will participate on Social Media Club blogger panel April 14th. All PCD board members invited for free and PCD members to receive SMC discount. Eblast and Facebook announcements scheduled.
- Deborah Fleck mentioned DMN editor Bob Wilson would still like to headline a PCD event, once we provide dates to her.
- Cary Broussard provided update on Excellence in Journalism Awards/Legend Event, Sixth Floor Museum. June 9th date finalized, and sent follow up budget for event (see attached)
- Follow up needed on Digital Archives Announcement event at Dallas Historical Society in Fair Park to be held in July. Stephanie and Cary to have update next board meeting
Bob Schieffer Event & Update
- Frank Librio and show producer Karen Lukin provided update on Milestones: A North Texas Tribute to Bob Schieffer that will raise scholarship funds for Texas journalism students and support Press Club operations on April 11, 2016 at Belo Mansion, 6 to 9 p.m., to include a cocktail reception, dinner program and post reception. There will be a private VIP dinner with Bob Schieffer during the cocktail reception.
- Former North Texas news anchor Tracy Rowlett will interview Schieffer about milestones in a broadcasting career
- Sponsorship list reviewed and board members were thanked for their outstanding work in recruiting sponsors and ticket sales. Ed Bark, Niki McCuistion, Hugh Aynesworth and Scott Goldstein all received special recognition from Board President Frank Librio for bringing in the most sponsorship dollars.
- Event P&L reviewed.
- It was decided that students from TCU journalism school would be invited for free to the event.
- Motion: A motion was made by John “Doc” Strange and seconded by Niki McCuistion that if the Schieffer Milestones April 11th event generated and reached the estimated revenues, the Press Club of Dallas will donate $10,000 to Texas Christian University in Bob Schieffer’s name, designated for journalism scholarships with the remainder of net profits designated for Press Club operating funds. Motion carried.
There being no other business, the meeting adjourned at 5:40 p.m.
Cary Broussard – Board Secretary
April 21, 2016