Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
DALLAS CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU
December 1, 2015 | 5-6 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER AND WELCOME
President Frank Librio called the meeting to order at 5:07 p.m.
Board Members Present:
Frank Librio, Niki McCuistion, Deborah Fleck, Michael Grant, Scott Goldstein, Stephanie Lucero, Denita Lacking-Quinn, Shawn Paul Wood and Cary Broussard, Hugh Aynesworth (joined via conference call)
Excused Absent: Ed Bark, John Strange
ITEMS FOR APPROVAL:
Approval of Minutes: Nov. 3, 2015
• Motion: A motion to approve the minutes of Nov. 3, 2015 (was made by Niki McCuistion and seconded by Michael Grant. Motion carried.
Approval of Financials: November 2015
• Motion: A motion to approve the financial report was made by Stephanie Lucero and seconded by Cary Broussard. Motion carried.
Approval of Plan to Digitize Dallas Press Club Records
• Motion: A motion to digitize Dallas Press Club historical documents and paraphernalia, housed at the Dallas Historical Society in the Hall of State at Fair Park, was made by Frank Librio and seconded by Denita Lacking-Quinn. Costs to be covered by scholarship grants to students. Motion carried.
Strategic & Implementation Plan Update
Board Committee Chairs met with consultant Ann Ranson to review plans and priorities from 4 – 5 p.m. Next steps: incorporate implementation plan into strategic plan along with the marketing plan/social media plan, workflow and assignment document.
Once the documents are finalized they will be shared with the full membership for review.
The Press Club of Dallas will add a tagline to our logo….”Serving North Texas” to make it clear that the club covers five counties (Dallas, Tarrant, Collin, Denton, and Rockwal).
Additions to the Board
• In response to Frank Librio’s request from last meeting that Board Members submit names for a sixth media person to be appointed to replace a resigning BOD member, Stephanie Lucero submitted Cynthia Garcia’s name and will circulate resume to Board. Frank submitted Sam Lopez’s name as another appointment. Frank to send out both resumes to the board for review and consideration.
Membership Update :Deborah Fleck
• 127 members to date
• Stephanie and Deborah to get Memberize training
• Working on Welcome Packet
• Developing plan for membership drive
• Add committee members to help with drive
• Holiday New Year card is underway
Event Update: Frank Librio
The Holiday Party will be December 17th at the Stoneleigh Hotel.
Bob Schieffer Event is tentatively scheduled for April 13.
Excellence in Journalism | North Texas Legends Event will be moved to June, pending the availability of the Sixth Floor.
Niki McCuistion will have video finalized from the 2014 Excellence in Journalism Awards by next BOD meeting.
There being no other business, the meeting adjourned at 6:18 p.m.
Cary Broussard – Board Secretary