Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau
Monday, September 1, 2015/4-6 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER:
President Frank Librio called the meeting to order at 4:03 p.m.
Board Members Present:
Frank Librio, Niki McCuistion, Hugh Aynesworth, Deborah Fleck, Michael Grant, John Strange, Scott Goldstein, Stephanie Lucero, Denita Lacking-Quinn, Ed Bark and Cary Broussard
Shawn Paul Wood
ITEMS FOR APPROVAL:
Approval of Minutes: Aug. 25, 2015
- Corrections in the Aug. 25th meeting minutes: Frank Librio pointed out that Denita’s name was misspelled with regard to her appointment (and will be corrected by the Club’s administrative assistant David Wolpert)
- Motion: A motion to approve the minutes of August 25, 2015 (w/the correction above) was made by Niki McCuistion and seconded by Michael Grant. Motion carried.
Approval of Financials: August 2015
- Motion: A motion to approve the financial report was made by Stephanie Lucero and seconded by John Strange.
Board Action: Strategic Planning Interviews
- The board interviewed 3 consultants during the board meeting.
- A motion to hire consultant Ann Ranson of Bottom Line 3 Marketing for work on a 3-5 year strategic plan, including implementation and marketing plan at a cost of $6000 (with $1000 of the fee to be paid by President Frank Librio as a personal donation to the club) was made by Frank Librio.
- The motion was voted upon by the board member’s present and all approved the motion. Consulting services to assist BOD develop strategic plan and tactics 3-5 years out.
- Surveys to be sent to all board members and up to 20 club members for input.
Bob Schieffer Event
The Board decided that a Press Club of Dallas event honoring Bob Schieffer would be best, if moved to 2016 vs. holding the fundraising event in November of 2015.
Frank Librio agreed to notify TCU and KTVT CBS 11 that we are in a pause mode.
Hugh Aynesworth agreed to touch base with Mr. Schieffer and discuss new dates.
Byron Harris Event
Ed Bark is lead organizer of “Breaking From News – Byron Harris: Unplugged” event, Sept. 28, 2015 – honoring retiring, award-winning, investigative WFAA television reporter Byron Harris. Ed will introduce the moderator Brett Shipp, investigative reporter for WFAA, who will interview Byron. The event will be held from 7-9 p.m. at 3015 Trinity Groves and be a free event with complimentary eats and drink. The event will be promoted via social media and an Eventbrite invitation sent.
- Take someone to lunch during the month of September to talk about membership
- Membership benefits have been posted to the website and Frank Librio has distributed
The meeting was adjourned at 6:25 p.m.
Cary J. Broussard – Secretary