Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
KERA | Following the Annual Meeting
August 25, 2015 | 6-7pm
CALL TO ORDER AND WELCOME
President Frank Librio called the meeting to order at 6:23 p.m.
ITEMS FOR APPROVAL:
- Approval of Minutes: July 28, 2015
- Motion: A motion to approve the minutes of July 28, 2015 as submitted was made by Niki McCuistion and seconded by Michael Grant. Motion carried.
- Approval of Financials: July 2015
- Motion: A motion to approve the financial report was made by John Doc Strange and seconded by Ed Bark. Motion carried.
- Board Action: Elizabeth Colton
- Article III Section 3. Any member of the Board of Directors who shall not be present at four (4) regular meetings in any twelve (12) month period may automatically be dropped from the Board and a successor elected as provided herein, unless he has obtained from the President permission to be absent or shall present to the Board a satisfactory excuse for such absence.
- Motion: A motion to remove Elizabeth Colton from the Press Club Board of Directors was made by Hugh Aynesworth and seconded by Niki McCuistion. Motion carried.
- Appointment: Denita Lacking-Quinn
- Discussion among Press Club Board. Dentia Lacking-Quinn talked about her experience and skills and stated her case for board appointment.
- Motion: A motion to approve Denita Lacking-Quinn to the Press Club Board of Directors was made by John Doc Strange and seconded by Hugh Aynesworth. Motion carried.
- Board Meetings Days/Times/Location
- Discussion to change meeting dates and times to first Tuesday of each month.
- Motion: A motion to approve a change to monthly meeting dates and times to first Tuesday of each month and to be held at the Dallas CVB was made by John Doc Strange and seconded by Niki McCuistion. Motion carried.
- Board of Director Committee Assignments
- Removed Ed Bark from Networking committee and assigned him to Excellence in Journalism committee
- Added Denita Lacking-Quinn to Networking committee
- Committee list to be posted on website
- Motion: A motion to approve changed assignments of Ed Bark and Denita Lacking-Quinn was approved by the Board. Motion carried.
- Membership Retention & Growth Plan
- Frank Librio asked all board members to take a potential member to lunch once a month to inform them about the Press Club. Each board member would be reimbursed for the cost of the lunch **only if** the person becomes a member (not to exceed $25 per lunch)
- Frank Librio tasked the Membership Committee with producing a membership drive event – with a goal of obtaining 50 new members over the next twelve months.
- Motion: A motion to approve the Membership Retention & Growth Plan was made by Denita Lacking-Quinn and seconded by John Doc Strange. Motion carried.
- Strategic Planning Consultant
- Frank Librio recommended the board interview three consultants to assist the board with creating a 3-5 year Strategic Plan and Implementation Plan. Interviews will be set-up for the September 1, 2015 board meeting.
There being no other business, the meeting adjourned at 7:42 p.m.
David Wolpert, DPC Administrative Assistant