[one_full last=”yes” spacing=”yes” center_content=”no” hide_on_mobile=”no” background_color=”” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” background_position=”left top” border_size=”0px” border_color=”” border_style=”” padding=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” animation_type=”” animation_direction=”” animation_speed=”0.1″ class=”” id=””][fusion_text]Past president Frank Librio has confirmed that the future is bright for the Press Club. Frank’s leadership has brought this fine organization into a new era. As several dignitaries noted at the Bob Schieffer tribute event earlier this year: The Press Club is back!
Earlier this month, I accepted the position of President of the Press Club of Dallas during our annual meeting at KERA headquarters. I have not been a part of this organization for as long as some of you, but I’ve lived in Dallas for more than a decade and I was a newspaper reporter for most of that time. I know that the Press Club has had great times and challenging times.
I’m former Dallas Morning News reporter of eight years and now the chief of policy and communications for Mayor Mike Rawlings. I am proud to be a part of the DFW communications field. It is with that sense of pride that I come into this position as president of the Press Club of Dallas. I follow in the footsteps of some incredible leaders.
Specifically, my vision for 2016-17 includes:
- Living up to our new “serving North Texas” slogan by beginning an annual tradition of hosting at least one event in Fort Worth.
- Improving our outreach to minority journalists with an event in Southern Dallas.
- Helping cultivate the next generation of journalists and communications professionals by hosting a professional development event geared toward college students and young journalists.
- Re-establishing our awards program with the inaugural “Hughies” next spring.
- Continuing to increase our membership rolls, including new categories of corporate membership.
- Hosting another major fundraiser to rival our Bob Schieffer tribute
We’re off to a great start with our new meeting location and partnership at The Dallas Entrepreneur Center in the West End. And I’m thrilled by the diversity of our new batch of board members. Visit pressclubdallas.com for more information.
I look forward to another great year.