[fullwidth background_color=”” background_image=”” background_parallax=”none” parallax_speed=”0.3″ enable_mobile=”no” background_repeat=”no-repeat” background_position=”left top” video_url=”” video_aspect_ratio=”16:9″ video_webm=”” video_mp4=”” video_ogv=”” video_preview_image=”” overlay_color=”” overlay_opacity=”0.5″ video_mute=”yes” video_loop=”yes” fade=”no” border_size=”0px” border_color=”” border_style=”” padding_top=”20″ padding_bottom=”20″ padding_left=”0″ padding_right=”0″ hundred_percent=”no” equal_height_columns=”no” hide_on_mobile=”no” menu_anchor=”” class=”” id=””][fusion_text]
June Board Meeting Minutes
Tues, June 27, 2017
4:00 – 6:00 pm
The Dallas Entrepreneur Center
The meeting was called to order at 4:13 p.m. by President Scott Goldstein at the Dallas Entrepreneur Center (The DEC).
Attending: Scott Goldstein, Hugh Aynesworth, Cory Smith, Lauren Reed Finegan, Frank Librio, JoAnn Holt, Barry Hoffman, Kevin Farrell, Ed Bark and Cary Broussard
Excused Absence: Ayona Anderson, Tristan Hallman, Angela Madison
- Approval of May Minutes: 2017
- Motion made by Cory Smith and seconded by Frank Librio. Motion approved.
- Approval of Financials: May 2017
- Motion made by JoAnn Holt and seconded by Barry Hoffman. Motion approved.
- Motion was made by Kevin Farrell to accept Michael Grant’s resignation. There was discussion commending Michael for his dedication and contributions to the Board and his service to the Press Club. Cory Smith seconded the motion. Motion approved.
- Motion was made by Frank Librio to nominate Cary Broussard as President of the Press Club. Hugh Aynesworth seconded the motion. Motion approved.
Meet the Board Candidates Night
Lauren Finegan and JoAnn Holt reported on finalizing details for Meet the Candidates Night that will take place July 27 at WeWork Uptown.
Legends – Excellence in Journalism Awards Event
Ed Bark and Hugh Aynesworth, co-chairs of the event, reported that the event was profitable and a big success. Recommendations for next year: plan at least a month earlier next year and reserve seating up front for honored guests. Appreciative of the great coverage of the event by NBC 5 and Dallas Morning News. Commented that everyone had a chance to see and greet the honorees, which is unique to this event. The caterer, Café Momentum, was outstanding. Had not received comp parking charges yet from the museum. Scott and Frank will follow up with museum.
Hugh Aynesworth Journalism Awards
Barry Hoffman reported that entries are coming in steadily. Kevin Ferrell agreed to work with Barry to help with follow upon the social media and email marketing to potential media outlets. David Wolpert agreed to create and send a Mail Chimp e-blast in the next week to members and database provided by Barry, Hugh and Scott.
Press Club Student Scholarship
Frank Librio will provide up date next meeting on status of scholarship fund
President Scott Goldstein adjourned the meeting at 5:22 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Cary Broussard, Secretary.[/fusion_text][/fullwidth]