[fullwidth background_color=”” background_image=”” background_parallax=”none” parallax_speed=”0.3″ enable_mobile=”no” background_repeat=”no-repeat” background_position=”left top” video_url=”” video_aspect_ratio=”16:9″ video_webm=”” video_mp4=”” video_ogv=”” video_preview_image=”” overlay_color=”” overlay_opacity=”0.5″ video_mute=”yes” video_loop=”yes” fade=”no” border_size=”0px” border_color=”” border_style=”” padding_top=”20″ padding_bottom=”20″ padding_left=”0″ padding_right=”0″ hundred_percent=”no” equal_height_columns=”no” hide_on_mobile=”no” menu_anchor=”” class=”” id=””][fusion_text]
July 2017 Board Minutes
The meeting was called to order at 4:46 p.m. on July 27th by President Scott Goldstein
WeWork Uptown (1920 McKinney Ave)
Attending: Ayona Anderson, Frank Librio, Scott Goldstein, Tristan Hallman, Lauren Reed Finegan, Martha Tiller, Barry Hoffman, JoAnn Holt, Kevin Farrell
Excused Absent: Cary Broussard, Cory Smith, Angela Madison
Approval of June minutes:
- Kevin Farrell motioned to amend April to June on minutes.
- Motion to approve minutes made by Frank Librio. Seconded by JoAnn Holt. Motion Approved.
Approval of Financials: June 2017
- Motion made by Tristan Hallman. Seconded by Kevin Farrell. Motion Approved.
- Discussion of tenure of PCD board members. A reminder to all members to read PCD
- Annual Meeting to be held Tuesday, August 15, 5:30-7:30pm.
Update on Aynesworth Awards from Barry Hoffman:
The awards are on! Likely to be ten award categories
- Major Newspaper Investigative Reporting – Austin Statesman American, DMN
- Major Television Investigative Reporting – Channel 5, San Antonio
- Feature Reporting – Public radio submissions, weekly newspapers
- Feature Reporting Digital not originally intended to be a separate category, but distinct submissions.
Concern expressed that some of the major news organizations have not submitted, and that our nominees may appear uneven.
Barry Hoffman to update email the board about category submissions.
Kevin Farrell to share spreadsheet of TX Newspaper contacts with the board. Each member to contact their assigned 20(ish) contacts in the coming week, and talk through Barry’s prepared script to solicit final submissions.
Discussion of Upcoming PCD Board Meeting Location
- Kevin Farrell suggested holding future meetings at WeWork Uptown, and the potential for his company, Door, to sponsor future meetings by paying for parking.
- Martha Tiller suggested KERA, which has offered to host us.
- Ayona Anderson suggested Common Desk Oak Cliff, which has free parking
- Scott Goldstein said President-elect Cary Broussard to make the final decision.
Meeting adjourned at 5:20pm.
Respectfully submitted by Kevin Farrell[/fusion_text][/fullwidth]