Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Stoneleigh Hotel, 2927 Maple Ave., Dallas, Texas
July 7, 2016 |7:30 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER AND WELCOME
President-Elect Scott Goldstein called the meeting to order at 7:35 p.m.
Board Members Present:
Hugh Aynesworth, Ed Bark, Cary Broussard, Scott Goldstein, Michael Grant, Sam Lopez, Stephanie Lucero
Deborah Fleck, Frank Librio, Niki McCuistion, Denita Lacking-Quinn, John “Doc” Strange
ITEMS FOR APPROVAL:
Approval of Minutes: June, 2016
- Motion: A motion to approve the minutes of the June minutes was made by Ed Bark and seconded by Michael Grant). Motion carried.
Approval of Financials:
- Motion: A motion to approve the financial report was made by Sam Lopez and seconded by Stephanie Lucero. Motion carried.
- The brief board meeting was held directly after the Meet the Candidates night at the Stoneleigh Hotel.
- Scott thanked everyone for their participation in Meet the Candidates night and asked board members for any brief reports.
- Scott distributed the Profit and Loss statement from the Legends event that Cary Broussard provided prior to the meeting. Cary and Hugh, co-chairs of the event, thanked everyone and reported that the Legends Event made a net profit of $1,855.
- Ed Bark briefed everyone on the upcoming Sept. 7 event at the Trinity Groves, Cowboys Kick Off with panelists Brad Sham, Babe Laufenberg, Kristi Scales, and Mike Doocy. Ed asked for door prizes, tickets for which will be sold at the event. All door prize ticket proceeds will benefit org. Tickets to the event itself are priced at $20 for $25 for non-members and can be purchased through Eventbrite. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cowboys-kickoff-with-brad-babe-kristi-and-the-dooce-tickets-26382290140
- Lauren Finegan and Scott Goldstein briefed everyone on the new location for Board meetings at the DEC (Dall Entrepreneur Center) and vowed to give us plenty of notice on when, what day and time we will begin meeting there for our meetings.
There being no other business, the meeting adjourned at 7:55 p.m.
Cary Broussard – Board Secretary
July 27, 2016