Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
DALLAS CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU
January 5, 2016 | 4-5 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER AND WELCOME
President Frank Librio called the meeting to order at 4:12 p.m.
Board Members Present:
Frank Librio, Niki McCuistion, Deborah Fleck, Michael Grant, Scott Goldstein, Stephanie Lucero, Cary Broussard
Excused Absent: Shawn Paul Wood, Hugh Aynesworth, Denita Lacking-Quinn
ITEMS FOR APPROVAL:
Approval of Minutes: December 1, 2015
• Motion: A motion to approve the minutes of Dec 1, 2015 was made by Niki McCuistion and seconded by John Strange. Michael Grant noted that Rockwall was misspelled in the December minutes. Motion carried.
Approval of Financials: December 2015
• Motion: A motion to approve the financial report was made by John Strange and seconded by Ed Bark
• Motion: A motion to approve Sam Lopez as an appointed Press Club board member (PR / Communications) was made by Niki McCuistion and seconded by Ed Bark. Mr. Lopez will begin his official term in August after he is voted on and approved by the Press Club membership.
• Motion: A motion to approve Cynthia Garcia as an appointed new board member (Media) to replace Anna Clarke, who resigned from the board, was made by Michael Grant and seconded by Niki McCuistion. Ms. Garcia will begin her official term in August after she is voted on and approved by the Press Club membership.
Michael Jenkins Scholarship Funds Report:
Niki McCuistion reported that she and Frank were seeking approval from two donars to approve lifting restrictions on the PCD Scholarship fund to digitize the PCD archives housed and cared for by the Dallas Historical Society (DHS). Michael Jenkins is in favor of this action. The DHS would be responsible for supervising college/university students, who would receive payment for digitizing the records.
Frank Librio also provided a fixed expenses overview for the Club, and reiterated that PCD website banners are available for corporate, media or organization sponsorship. GoFundMe.com and grants are also available.
Governance Committee Report:
• Frank Librio distributed President and Board Changeover Checklist and Internship Job Description document
• Frank Librio distributed workflow implementation plan analysis for 2015-16
• Items to be added to Press Club website include: New Mission Statement, New Vision Statement, and Organization Chart.
Other Committee Reports:
Membership Committee :Deborah Fleck, Chair
• Frank Librio provided Welcome letter for New Member packet
• Deborah Fleck asked if she could also have a recruitment letter
• Stephanie and Deborah to get Memberize training
• Working on Welcome Packet
• Developing plan for membership drive
• Add committee members to help with drive
• Deborah urged BOD to refer people to website to sign up for membership
Marketing Committee, Chair Michael Grant
• Provided marketing/public relations committee report.
• It was decided the PCD newsletter name would be: Hot Off the Press.
• Shawn P. Wood reported that he would provide social media analytics & website traffic report going forward as part of the marketing report. He also reported on status of new street address for Google search.
• New items on website include: Link to National Press Club, Link to Dallas Historical Archives and Link to Job Bank. It was noted that PCD receives a percentage from any listing if posted by a member and noted in the system.
Frank Librio distributed the 2015-16 event calendar and proposed Bob Schieffer Event outline.
Ed Bark provided update on Weathering Heights event and fundraiser.
Niki McCuistion provided update on Professional Development, Mary Mapes event.
Cary Broussard provided update on Excellence in Journalism Awards/Legend Event
There being no other business, the meeting adjourned at 6:12 p.m.
Cary Broussard – Board Secretary
Jan. 26, 2016