Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
DALLAS CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU
March 1, 2016 | 4-6 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER AND WELCOME
President Frank Librio called the meeting to order at 4:15 p.m.
Board Members Present:
Frank Librio, Hugh Aynesworth, Ed Bark, Cary Broussard, Lauren Finegan, Scott Goldstein, Stephanie Lucero, John “Doc” Strange, Sam Lopez
Niki McCuistion, Deborah Fleck, Denita Lacking-Quinn, Michael Grant,
ITEMS FOR APPROVAL:
Approval of Minutes: February 1, 2016
- Motion: A motion to approve the minutes of February 1, 2016 was made by Doc Strange and seconded by Ed Bark. Motion carried.
Approval of Financials:
- Motion: A motion to approve the financial report was made by Sam Lopez and seconded by Doc Strange
Governance Committee Report:
- Motion: A motion to approve Lauren Finegan as interim Press Club board member was made by Doc Strange and seconded by Hugh Aynesworth. Ms. Finegan will begin her official term in August after she is voted on and approved by the Press Club membership.
- Permanent Meeting Space Update: Options discussed included 2929 Canton Street and The DEC (Dallas Entrepreneurial Center)
Other Committee Reports:
Membership Committee: Deborah Fleck, Chair
Electronic New Membership Welcome Packet and Membership Drive are underway.
Marketing Committee, Chair Michael Grant
- Provided marketing/public relations committee report.
- Monthly newsletter continues to make a positive impact with great feedback re: member spotlight.
- Social Media Club of Dallas asked PCD to recommend blogger for April 14th Deborah Fleck and Cary Broussard contacted Robert Wilsonsky from DMN, and he accepted. PCD has requested membership discount in return.
- Ed Bark provided update on the success of Weathering Heights event and fundraiser. Very pleased 110 people attended event. Raised $500 for American Red Cross and recruited 5 new members at event.
- Cary Broussard provided update on Excellence in Journalism Awards/Legend Event, Sixth Floor Museum. Frank to reach out to Kristi Nelson to emcee event again. Dates discussed: May 26, June 2 or June 9. (After meeting, Date confirmed: June 9).
- Stephanie Lucero and Cary Broussard offered to co-chair Digital Archives Announcement event at Dallas Historical Society in Fair Park to be held in July.
Bob Schieffer Event & Update
- Milestones: A North Texas Tribute to Bob Schieffer will raise scholarship funds for Texas journalism students and support the mission of the Press Club on April 11, 2016 at Belo Mansion, 6 to 9 p.m., which will include a cocktail reception, dinner program and post reception. There will be a private VIP dinner with Bob Schieffer during the cocktail reception.
- Hosts include: the Press Club of Dallas, the TCU Bob Schieffer School of Communications, CBS – KRLD AM, and event chair, Pierce Allman.
- Former North Texas news anchor Tracy Rowlett will interview Schieffer about milestones in a broadcasting career
- Individual tickets are on sale for $110 and are available for purchase on the Press Club website (http://www.pressclubdallas.com); corporate sponsorship information is on the site as well.
- Frank Librio urged each BOD member to sell at least one table. The event will include 40 tables of ten.
- Event logo finalized; sponsorship update provided; P&L reviewed.
There being no other business, the meeting adjourned at 6:20 p.m.
Cary Broussard – Board Secretary
March 22, 2016[/fusion_text]